Thank God. I heard about this a couple days ago. The campus had been trying to keep it quite. Wish they would've brought it out in the open. You should see some of the ridiculous stuff these guys write in their own version of the school newspaper.
yeah, the writings are harmless. People get paid to do write this stuff all the time. However, with the circumstances at Va Tech last year, Grundy, Auburn, UNC, it's in the best concern to do what they did.
Even if the guns weren't loaded, it's against school policy to have them on campus.
Thank God. I heard about this a couple days ago. The campus had been trying to keep it quite. Wish they would've brought it out in the open. You should see some of the ridiculous stuff these guys write in their own version of the school newspaper.
[img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]
One more thing, they need to run a few more of the what I would say are extremely odd out up here. Red flags should be thrown up with some of the conversations these people have and the stuff they put in print. Campus continues to get bigger and the security doesn't get any better at all, I bet you could poll the students who are up there and you'd get about 70% disapproval rating of the campus police. There more concerned about catching somebody with a beer than they are anything else, if this guy hadn't wrote the letter himself lord knows what would've went down.
[img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
How so? A gun is useless unless it is loaded.
Thought crimes are here! </div></div>
If you have a son or daughter or you yourself want to go to school up here and you believe that guns should be on a college campus your really a strange one. The thought patterns, ideas, and feelings of college students is very wild. Especially with how they are forced to allow some into school now. If they start letting guns on campus I'm going to get the biggest gun allowed by law and carry it everyday up here, you'd need it and thats a fact. I really wish some of the people who support this guns on schools crusade would actually interact with the college community and meet some of the students. Not everybody up there is as right in the head as others.
[img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]
I'm not anti-gun. Very pro 2nd ammendment rights but having guns on campus against the college's rules is poor judgement.
I don't necessarily think that his writing necessarily meant that he was really feeling it.
Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.
Whether it did or not is just ignorant to write something like that. Then to find 3 guns in his vehicle? School really didn't have much choice.
[img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]
yeah, I recently turned in a submission to the jimson weed, and I wrote about "Obsession".. a guy, sittin in a cubicle at work, who is jealous of his boss, one day, he's had enough, follows him home, kills him.. I submitted that, and got a red flag thrown my way.. had to explain to a few people, it wasn't anything personal.. just a story...
so writings are fine...
but doing it, and then HAVING the equipment in the vehicle.. that's retarded
There are many people at campus that need a red flag throw their way.. Some are just very, very, scary to deal with..
I saw above something about the school paper... I think it's starting to turn into garbage.. Especially, the new "He Said/She Said" articles. It's crap. Especially the SuperBowl article. The guy who wrote his section isn't even a fan of football, and writes off one of the most boring, and horrible games, he's ever seen. I'm sorry, but some of the kids on campus are idiots.
The guy didnt mean anything by the writings IMO...but to have not 1 but 3 guns in his car is pretty alarming...Kinda scary for me to think about it since I'll be in college in the fall
How can one give an opinion on whether or not he meant anything by the writings, when we neither know the guy nor have read the writings?
Even though we'll probably never know if he was actually going to do anything, obviously it was of enough concern to have him involuntarily committed (by a mental health facility's evaluation combined with the writings and the fact he had guns where he wasn't supposed to have guns).
As 82abn said, a grown man, and a war vet at that, should know better than to hand in that type of writing in this day and age. Recent events have changed the dynamics of 'free speech' sad but true.
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
Bookmarks